Seamlessly incorporate Booking.com inventory into your travel application.
The Demand API gives your application access to Booking.com's extensive inventory of properties, covering many different destinations and types.
There are four basic application flows that you can use to integrate Booking.com's inventory into your application:
Each application flow provides different access to Booking.com's inventory, and offers a different booking experience for your travellers:
- Content only: Let travellers browse relevant content about Booking.com properties directly from your application. Redirect travellers to Booking.com so that they can find what availability and prices a property has, and make bookings.
- Search and look: Let travellers search for properties that match their requirements. Show them full details, including current prices and availability, of properties that interest them. Redirect them to Booking.com to make bookings.
- Search, look, book and post-booking: Let travellers search for properties that match their requirements. Show them full details, including current prices and availability, of properties that interest them. Let them make bookings directly from your application. Perform management and reporting tasks on orders that have been placed.
- Post-booking only: Perform management and reporting tasks on orders that have been placed.
Which application flow you use determines the Demand API endpoints you will need to use in your application.
The Demand API endpoints are grouped into three main collections (also referred to as APIs, for ease of reference). Each API provides a different area of functionality.
The /accommodations API provides functionality specific to the accommodations sector of the travel market. Use it when implementing Content only, Search and look, or Search look and book flows to access Booking.com's property inventory.
The /orders API provides booking and post-booking functionality. Use it when implementing Search look and book or Post-booking flows.
The /common API provides supporting information for use by the other APIs, about different types of location, currencies and payment cards, and languages.
The Demand API is designed to provide flexible, scalable and expansible access to Booking.com inventory.
The Demand API can be used to provide business-to-customer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) solutions for both the leisure and corporate travel sectors.
The Demand API provides solutions to partners of all sizes, from sites offering a small selection of content and redirection to enterprise-level partners supporting the entire booking journey.
Currently, the Demand API offers access to Booking.com's property inventory:
- The /accommodations API provides vertical-specific functionality.
- The /common and /orders APIs are vertical-agnostic.
Future versions of the Demand API will provide access to Booking.com's inventory in other vertical sectors of the travel market, by adding new, vertical-specific APIs, such as flights or car rentals. Each vertical-specific API will use a similar structure and design.
This will allow you to expand the reach of your existing application, by "bolting in" new, vertical-specific APIs according to your requirements, like this.